We have officially booked our honeymoon! In August, we will be heading to St. Lucia, and I am beyond excited for a week in the sun just the two of us. After recommendations from friends, we opted to go to Sandals Grande since there are so many things to choose from at the resort and it's all-inclusive. It'll be nice to not have to worry about anything at all once we get to St. Lucia!
To be honest, I've slowed down a bit on the wedding planning. I was moving full speed ahead at the beginning, but we've been so busy lately that I've been taking it slow. A few things I need to wrap up:
- Finalize our florist - we've met with the florist but haven't completely gone through everything, so that's a necessity.
- Finalize the style team - Because I have 11 bridesmaids plus our moms and of course our flower girl, one hair and one makeup artist will be pushing it. We have two booked but I need to finalize the rest.
- Pick up my wedding dress - my dress has come in! I have an appointment this Saturday to try on and pick up, so I'm excited to have a girls morning with my mama and try on my actual dress.
- Choose a bakery - I've mentioned it before, but I absolutely love cake, so I care less about the appearance and more about the taste of our cake. We are staying away from fondant and wanting to do a classic buttercream instead. There are so many great wedding bakeries in Wilmington, but we've heard great things about Whole Foods and Publix wedding cakes, too.
- Order invitations - I have a vision of what we're looking for, but have yet to find a stationer
- Schedule first fitting - Saturday will tell what needs to be done to the dress!
- Schedule hair and makeup trial - I am very picky about my hair (hello, crazy baby hairs) so I should probably get on that sooner than later.
- Pick out the gents' style - Stephen and I have looked at photos of what he wants to wear on our wedding day but we've yet to go try anything on. Any suggestions?
As you can tell, there's quite a bit I need to get on sooner than later. February makes us 6 months away from our wedding, and if the next months fly by like the last 5 have, it'll be here before we know it! I still feel like we just got engaged.
Now that we've booked our honeymoon, all I can think about is lounging in the sun and doing a little bit of island exploring. I also have major spring fever, so I keep perusing my favorite online retailers looking for cute swimsuits and sun dresses. I'm holding off on purchasing until closer to time, but it doesn't hurt to look, right?