Happy Wedding Wednesday! Today I'm sharing a few things we've checked off the list + a few things I need to get to working on ASAP! I've been getting the question How is the wedding planning? quite a bit over the last couple of weeks and my response has been this: virtually nonexistent. When we first got engaged, we crossed things off the list left and right, but now we're just kind of floating along!
It's funny - I have always adored weddings and thought I would just be in wedding heaven while planning my own, but I'm honestly so ready to be married to Stephen that I just can't wait for it to get here! But I know that these next 8 months will fly by so I'm trying not to rush through them.
Checked Off the List:
- Venue Booked | We did this not long after our engagement and I'm so glad we did!
- Photographer booked | Kate Supa will be shooting our wedding and her work is incredible. Check out our engagement photos here and here.
- Videographer booked | I'm excited to be using Hart to Heart for our wedding video! This was one thing that was on the must-have list for me. I have always loved watching wedding videos and can't wait to have our own.
- Booked our band | Live music was something we both wanted as well so we're excited to dance the night away!
- Said Yes to the Dress | This was another thing checked off the list early! The dress is supposed to come in this January and I hope I love it as much as the day I first tried it on!
- Save the Dates sent | well, most of them anyway. We had to order a few extra so a few will be going out in the next couple of weeks but the bulk is going in the mail today! We ordered them from Minted.com and it was a great company to work with - sharing those on the blog soon!
- Worked on our wedding registry | Registering was fun! We still have a couple of things to add but who knew how much I would fall in love with plates! (Stephen says we better eat on those things every single night.)
- Finished our wedding website | check it out here!
Next on the list:
- Finalize bridesmaid dresses | This has been my hardest decision yet! I have a color palette but have yet to completely decide on dresses. I'm thinking of mixing and matching but I just haven't committed.
- Find a baker for our cake | This is a tough one... I absolutely love cake. I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. But that also makes me a cake snob. I don't like fondant at all - it is absolutely stunning, but this gal is looking for something simple with a pretty buttercream icing so I'm hoping to find a baker who specializes in simplicity.
- Book a florist | I have a couple in mind that are local to our venue, but I just need to schedule time for my mom and I to meet with them! I have a vision so I can't wait to see it come to life.
- Find a calligrapher | I thought about learning calligraphy (you should check out Kristina's gorgeous calligraphy she did for her wedding), but after addressing close to 200 save the dates, I just don't think I have it in me!
- Pick the groomsmen attire | Of course we have to find something for my dashing groom. I'm excited to go with Stephen to pick out his attire along with his groomsmen's!
- Finalize the beauty crew | I have my makeup artist booked but need at least another for all the gals who will getting their makeup done. I'm also super picky about my hair so I need to go ahead and get started on a hair crew as well.
I have a Pinterest board that I'm keeping secret for now with my wedding inspiration, but here are a few pretty images that are feeling my style board for our day.
I'm always looking for wedding planning tips, so share away! What is something you wish you had done? What is something you would recommend? Looking back, what was your favorite part of your wedding day?