Mackenzie from Design Darling has a list of 101 things she wants to do in 1,001 days (a little over 2 and a half years). This inspired me to create my own 101 things list -- though I'm going to aim for 1,001 days, some of these things might have to wait a little bit longer than that -- they are more long term goals that I have for my life. I think everyone has a bucket list of sorts -- I know I do -- but writing them all down and crossing them off as they are completed makes it much more exciting.
Start: July 29th, 2013 End: February 1st, 2016
2. Inspire others to create a 101 in 1,001 list.
3. Run a 5k.
4. Create and publish my own planner/agenda.
5. Write a book. (working on that one)
6. Eat pasta in Italy.
7. Make 10 recipes from Pinterest.
9. Buy a Samsung camera.
10. Find sponsors for my blog.
11. Visit Ireland.
12. Ride a horse.
14. Work out at least 5 days a week for 1 month.
15. Raise $5,000 for the ALS Association.
16. Buy a new pair of running shoes.
17. Start and own a boutique.
18. Organize my book collection.
20. Spend New Year's Eve in NYC.
21. Buy a house.
22. Have 1,000 twitter followers.
23. Go back to Lucerne, Switzerland, and spend a few days there.
24. Buy a pair of Louboutins
25. Take a ballroom dance class.
26. Marry my best friend.
27. Go to Bora Bora (why not?)
28. Send 50 handwritten notes.
29. Get my Master's.
30. Read at least one book a month for one year.
32. Get Sophie a puppy friend.
33. Decorate someone else's home.
35. Send my family snail mail at least once a month after I move.
36. Find my signature shade of lipstick.
37. Work as an interior designer (interning for one was incredible!)
38. Host a dinner party.
39. Drive 100mph.
40. Go to Miss America.
41. Run the Color Run.
42. Go to a bloggers' conference.
43. Take a spin class.
44. Attend a show at New York Fashion Week.
45. Donate blood.
47. Take a road trip coast-to-coast.
48. Buy an iPad.
49. Try 5 new foods.
51. Do 20 consecutive push-ups.
52. Go skiing.
53. Sing karaoke.
54. Reread The Great Gatsby
55. See the Hollywood sign.
56. Organize another fundraising event for the ALS Association.
57. Walk/run 30 miles in 30 days.
58. Throw a surprise party.
59. Try paddle-boarding.
60. Cook dinner every night for one week.
61. Try my hand at photography.
62. Make a purchase from an antique store.
63. Have a picnic.
65. Travel to 3 new states.
66. No fast food for 2 weeks.
67. Buy a cookbook and cook at least 5 recipes.
68. Try 5 new restaurants.
69. Go to a Derby party.
70. Purchase coffee for a stranger.
71. Learn how to really fold fitted sheets.
72. Write in my One Line a Day Journal daily.
73. Keep a hard copy of my address book.
75. Treat my parents to dinner.
76. Stay at a bed-and-breakfast.
77. Go to a flea-market.
78. Fly first-class.
79. Visit a winery.
80. Go to a drive-in movie.
81. Become a contributor for another blog or online magazine.
82. Donate items I no longer wear.
84. Retake the GRE.
85. Get into grad school.
86. Join the Junior League.
87. Subscribe to a favorite magazine.
89. Collaborate with a brand I love.
90. Visit a museum.
91. Get a pair of Tory Burch flats.
92. Learn to eat with chopsticks.
93. Plan a surprise date for my special someone.
94. Watch all the nominees for Best Picture before the Academy Awards.
95. Make and maintain a recipe box.
96. Adopt an Angel Tree child at Christmas.
97. Take a spontaneous weekend trip.
98. Take a tour of the White House.
99. Read a Princess Diana memoir.
100. Put $5 into savings for every goal accomplished.
101. Celebrate these 101 things!
This is a bucket list, right? So DREAM BIG.