- House Clean-Out: Many of you know that when I got home from New York Labor Day Weekend, I came home to a massive leak in an upstairs bathroom which resulted in major damage in the downstairs of my house. My bedroom was thankfully spared any damage, but many of the boxes I had in some of the extra rooms upstairs were all moved into my room. I've realized that so much stuff from my move last October is still packed up, which means it's time to clean out. By the end of the month, I definitely want to get rid of a lot of the excess that I clearly haven't needed in the last year.
- Closet Reorganization: Because I've been living at my parents house, I've been rotating a limited wardrobe. It seems like each time I go over to my house to grab a few things, I stare at racks of clothes and seem to find nothing to wear for work. I need to evaluate what's in my closet and start to be more intentional with what I purchase, because most of my awake hours are spent at the office. I also love pieces that can do double-duty for work and play. Here are some items on my wanted-list:
- Buy A New Couch: Part of the damage from the leak included ruining my couch and love seat. Stephen and I had planned on purchasing a new couch when we got married anyway, but that time seems to have come sooner than later. I am excited to pick out something new!
- Work on Front Yard: The front yard at my house leaves something to be desired - we planted shrubbery and flowers at the end of spring and some did really well while a couple of the bushes didn't make it. Definitely need to pay attention to this.
- Fall Decor: Put out the fall decor! If we're back in the house in the next couple of weeks...
- Finish Wedding Website: I've been working on this one but can't decide if I want to use Minted or The Knot. Does anyone have any suggestions?
We're gearing up for some tropical storm/hurricane weather - thankfully, it's veered away from the coast of North Carolina, but I think we are going to see some effects of the storm over the weekend. Many prayers to Haiti, the Bahamas, and of course the Southern states who have been hit hard by Hurricane Matthew.